Welcome to Lovett Elementary School
When will you find out teacher assignments?
What and when is Meet the Teacher?
- If you preordered school supplies, they will be delivered to your classroom and you can go straight there.
- If you need to get your supplies, they will be available for purchase in the Multi Purpose Room (MPR) at a slightly higher price.
- If you have medicine or allergies, Nurse Suki will be there to answer any of your questions.
- You will be able to sign up for bus transportation.
- You can sign up for extended day (cash only and usually in the library).
- PTO Membership, Birthday Marquee, and all other purchases can only be made online.
What should we expect the first week of school?
- Drop off and pick up are slow in the beginning. Allow plenty of time so you aren't rushed and be kind and courteous. See below for more on drop off and pick up so you can help it go smoothly.
- We are fortunate that our school allows parents to walk their children in. Be sure to give your child enough time to get settled and seated without you before 7:30 am. Parents should be out of the classroom by 7:20 am.
- You will be sent home a large packet of paperwork on the first day. Complete and return by the following Monday to help your teacher and the school stay on top of all of the paperwork.
- If you are interested in being a room parent or volunteering, speak up at Meet the Teacher. Room Parents are so important to our school and we have amazing guidance to help you through the whole thing. Team up for more fun!
- Beginning of the year fees- There are Classroom fees and PTO fees. Classroom fees are mandatory. PTO fees are optional but highly recommended. Help your room parent by getting your fees in ASAP.
- The first PTO meeting is on the first day of school in the cafeteria! Come for coffee and treats and hear from our principal, administrators, and our PTO.
What is Membership toolkit?
What does the PTO do and why should I join?
Want to be involved but nervous about how time-consuming it will be or if you can do it with a little one on your hip?
Daily Schedule (NOTE UPDATED TIMES FOR 2018-19)
Check your teacher's webpage for a more specific daily schedule.
Early Dismissal is at 12:30 (time may differ for '18-'19) and occurs once most months. Check calendar for dates.
Pick up and drop off
Most importantly, drive courteously! Drive safely, follow the law and rules of the school, don't cut people off, and don't have any road rage. Drop off and pick up in the beginning of the year is slow. Be kind and understanding and allow enough time so you aren't feeling rushed.
- Driver should remain in the car.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE CARPOOL AREA EVEN FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- The Visitor parking lot should not be used as a carpool drop off or pick up. You may park and walk your child in if there is an open space.
- Please turn right into the carpool loops and do not turn left, crossing traffic to drop off as this causes traffic back ups and cuts in the carpool line.
- Please utilize crosswalks if walking your child in.
- Drop off begins at 7:15am and is not permitted before that time as there is no supervision.
- The Jason street loop opens at 7:15 am. The back loop on Birdwood may open at a different time.
- Be sure to PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD to allow the people behind you to also drop off.
- Children should be prepared to exit the car on the passenger/curb side with backpacks, lunches, etc in hand. Drivers should not get out of the car to help children out.
- Pick up locations are: Grades 2,3,4 utilize the front loop on Jason. Grades K, 1, 5 will utilize the back loop on Birdwood. Students will wait in the cafeteria until a teacher releases them when you arrive.
- CAR TAGS: Each family will be provided two car tags that have your child’s name, grade, and teacher. You must have this tag to pick up whether you are using the carpool line or walking up.
- If there is a change in your child’s pick up schedule, please notify your child’s teacher or the main office in writing.
- Please do not park in the bus pick-up area located on Jason on the school side of the street.
- At 3:30, all students not picked up are brought inside the building. At this time you are required to park and come in and sign your child out. Please do not park in the circle drive.
- EXTENDED DAY PICK-UP- Extended day regular pick up begins at 5:00 using the birdwood car loop. At 5:25 all students not picked up are brought back in side and parents must sign them out from the main office.
- Defined as 8 or more unexcused absences within the year.
- Will be referred to an HISD attendance officer and legal action will be taken.
- The Lovett Attendance Committee will review the records of the student and could result in non-renewal of your child’ magnet status.
After School Activities
Sign up to receive important information from HISD via texts.