Dear Lovett Families,
There is A LOT happening this week so I hope you’ve noted all of the events you plan to attend on the calendar! The Lovett Rocks with Gratitude
campaign is off to a great start. So far we have $5,059
towards our goal of $40,000. Thank you to all of you who have already donated! These funds have already been put to good use by helping us get prepared for in-person school by buying 1) 5 water bottle fillers (installed last week), 2) gallons of hand sanitizer, 3) gallon ziplock bags for individual manipulatives, 4) 10 replacement iPad cases and 5) lanyards for all the kids returning to face-to-face instruction for use on their masks so they don't get lost or dirty! Thank you Martha Davis for procuring all of the items above. Special thanks also
to Czolgus Evans
for researching what bottle fillers to buy that worked with our existing water fountains and making the installation happen before kids arrive back on campus!
Thank you also to Meric Pinkerton for providing teacher appreciation lunches to all of our teachers arriving back on campus this week! And thank you to Mrs. Gaines and her green thumbs for sprucing up our planters along the main entryway. We can’t wait to see what you’ve planted!
Gratitude Rock Decorating Parties
are in full swing! This will be a great opportunity for your student to give back to Lovett while having fun with their classmates! Check out the schedule and get the link to the virtual parties HERE
. Thank you to Aiesha Moore
for organizing these socials and to LaQuita Buffone
and her sweet girls for organizing the distribution of the gratitude rocks for our students to decorate. If you haven’t picked up your rock and paint pens yet, contact her at email@example.com
to arrange a porch pickup at her home.
If you missed the Lovett Community Meeting last week, you can find the video HERE
and the slides HERE
- Turn in your Health Forms ASAP (details below)!
- Today, October 14th, 4-7pm – Dad’s Club hands-on project on campus (Hint: it involves dirt and pizza)! More details below.
- Tonight, October 14th, 4:30 pm – Lovett Moms’ Club Cooking Night
- Thursday, October 15th, 7 pm – Lovett PTO Meeting (moved from Oct 8th)
- Thursday, October 29th- Save the Date for a Middle School event for 5th graders. More details to be shared by Ms. Boynton.
Details for all events are given below as well as other reminders.
PTO President, 2019-2021
Lovett Rocks with Gratitude Campaign
Our Lovett Rocks with Gratitude Campaign for the 2020-2021 school year is now underway. This is our annual fundraiser to help supplement the school's annual budget and provide additional resources to our teachers and school. The funds raised will be used to help make virtual learning more effective, support efforts to make face-to-face learning safer, and enhance our campus with various capital improvements. No gift is too small and we hope to have 100% family participation.
Gratitude Rock Painting Parties by Grade Level
Each grade level is assigned a painting party date and time to login together on Zoom. All parties will be from 5:00-5:30 p.m. on the dates below:
- Tuesday, October 13th - 5th grade
- Thursday, October 15th - 4th grade
- Tuesday, October 20th - 3rd grade
- Thursday October 22nd - 2nd
- Tuesday, October 27th - Kinder and 1st
- Thursday, October 29th - Pre K
The Zoom link is the same for all parties:
Take a photo and share it on www.facebook.com/groups/lovettparentsandteachers or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lovett Health & Wellness
-- Health Documents Due Now --
Nurse Suiki needs your health documents!
Also check our Nurse Suiki's Health and Wellness Newsletter for information about:
- Learn how to prepare for in-person school
- Helping kids cope with changes during COVID-19
- Free dental exams and cleanings for 2nd graders
- Vision exams
- Free flu shots
Face to Face
Return to Campus Reminders
A recap of the Lovett Community Meeting with Principal Thompson is now available online. The video link is hereand the slide presentation is here.
As we prepare to welcome back some of our Lovett owls for face-to-face instruction on Monday, October 19, 2020, a few reminders for parents and students:
- Wear a mask (be sure to label with name)
- Bring a filled water bottle labeled with name. (Water fountains will not be accessible.)
- Bring school supplies (there will be people at drop off to help younger children carry supplies)
- Bring charged portable technology and charger to school daily
- School lunch is free or you can bring a lunch from home (no glass and nothing that needs heating)
- No tardies will be counted the first week
- Drop off time is 7:25 AM - 7:40 AM. Temperatures will be taken at the car before they come into the building.
- Dismissal time is 3:00pm - 3:10pm
- Check HERE for drop off and pickup locations by grade.
Lovett Dad's Club Volunteer Opportunity
- TODAY! Wednesday, Oct 14th, 4-7 p.m. -
The Lovett Dad's Club will meet today, Wednesday, October 14th from 4:00-7:00 p.m. for a few landscaping projects on campus. The work will not take the whole three hours and we will have pizza and cold drinks for those who can make it. We will also need some rakes, shovels, battery powered weed whackers, hedging sheers, etc... Please reply to Kurt Dawson (email@example.com) and we can coordinate.
Lovett Mom's Club Cooking Class
-- TODAY! Wednesday, Oct 14th (4:30 p.m.) --
The Lovett Mom’s Club will be hosting socials and speakers, and other fun events specifically intended to facilitate connection, unite and support Lovett mom’s. The first event will be a virtual cooking class given by Chef Brittany at Lettuce Cook.
There's still time to RSVP for this interactive class! The menu including a list of ingredients to purchase beforehand is provided below.
- Cost: $5
- Date:: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- Time: 4:30 pm
- Who: All mothers (or primary caregiver) are welcome to participate.
- RSVP Here
- A Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registered participants.
- Menu: Linguine with spinach and sundried tomatoes and cheesecake
Renaissance Assessment Tests
- Due TODAY Oct 14th -
As detailed in "A Message from Mrs. Gaines" email sent from your homeroom teachers this week, Renaissance Assessment tests must be administered at home by today, October 14, 2020. Please contact your homeroom teacher for more details if you did not receive or have lost the information.
PTO Meeting This Week
- Thursday, Oct 15th, 7pm -
Join us for updates from the administration and the PTO about upcoming events. Click HERE for meeting link and documents.
Class Fees Deadline Extended
-- Friday, Oct 16th --
PAY CLASS FEE! This $16 fee covers the cost of the awesome T-shirt below and two class parties. Parties will happen whether they are virtual or in person. Each student is required to pay this fee. If you aren't sure if you've paid the fee already or not, go to My Account > Previous Orders.
Lovett Spirit Night
- Thursday, Oct 29-
Support local restaurants while also supporting our school! Eat in or order out and mention Lovett when your bill arrives. A percentage of sales will be donated to Lovett.
Lovett Kindergarten Girl Scout Troop
Lovett Kinder Troop 147992 is now active! There's still time to join by filling out the interest form here.
Enrollment for 2021-2022
- Due Nov 6 -
HISD online enrollment is now available for the 2021-2022 school year (heads-up 5th grade parents)! The deadline for applications is November 6th. Virtual tours and open houses start this week for most schools. Read more HERE.
Middle School Resources
Save the Date:
October 29th Middle School Event for 5th Grade Students
Details are TBD; More to come from Ms. Boynton
To learn more about area middle schools, check out our Middle School Resources page. Let us know if there is other information or other schools you'd like us to add!
Join the PTO
JOIN THE PTO! We pack a lot of value into our $15 family membership fee. Plus members will receive the free Lovett car magnet above!
- Enrich your child's elementary experience
- Connect with other awesome Lovett Parents
- Purchase prepackaged school supplies by grade level (saving you time and money)! These supplies have a warranty so if anything breaks mid-year, it can be replaced!
- Access to the Student Directory and School Calendar online and on the Lovett PTO App
- Access to the online Faculty/Staff Directory and wishlists
- Enjoy preferred member pricing for PTO Sponsored events (like Carnival, Auction, Mother Son Dance)
- Make lots of great friends all while supporting your child's school!
Complete the Volunteer Interest Form!
We're looking for a few good volunteers...
Room Parents: to help plan two class parties and facilitate communications between the PTO and your class. It's a great opportunity to get to know your child's class, their parents and the teacher better!
Don't forget to update your teacher assignment in Membership Toolkit HERE. This makes it easier for classmates to find each other in the directory and assists the PTO in distributing class T-shirts more easily. Also, be sure to pay your Class Fee HERE which pays for the T-shirt and the class parties.
Lovett @ H.O.M.E.
Find all Lovett Virtual Learning communications HERE including:
- Principal Newsletters
- Links to virtual parent meetings
- Technology tips
- Important Documents
Update Your Contact Info at Lovett
The administration is still working on cross checking the new student database and needs your help. Everyone needs to fill out this FORM to update contact information.
Please fill out for each student in your family.
Join the Lovett Parents & Teachers Facebook Group
Have a question about school or virtual learning? Get answers quickly from other parents and teachers at the Lovett Elementary Parents and Teachers Facebook group. A wealth of information and resources have been shared here. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered.
Get the Membership Toolkit App
Apple users click HERE
Google users click HERE
In addition to directory and calendar access, the app allows access to the full Lovett PTO website!
(Use the same username/password from pto website to access):
Note: Only paid PTO Members will have access to the directory