As we begin this year’s Boosterthon, let’s celebrate the great work we did with Boosterthon last year, raising over $40,000 for playground improvements. Combined with our Fall 2021 fundraiser, we have raised more than $80,000 to invest in our two Lovett playgrounds. All those funds are available on-hand and are earmarked for upcoming playground purchases.
In the meantime, we want to bring you up to speed on some of the details.
(1) Our biggest challenge in leading this project is that large playground additions and improvements require a multi-step approval process, which, frankly, has taken much longer than we initially imagined it would. Over the past several months, our Playground Committee has been working with Principal Thompson to secure those approvals from the appropriate HISD departments. It’s a slow, but steady march forward.
(2) Currently, our contracted architect is developing detailed drawings and renderings of the site with planned additions/changes to the playgrounds, plus some exciting options for future years. We hope to have those drawings in-hand in the next month.
(3) We’re grateful for the small improvements we’ve been able to make so far–like the addition of music equipment, multi-student spinners, repair of existing equipment and drainage, and mulch/surface improvements.
(4) We know that the project is moving slowly, but our ultimate goal is to make sure it’s done well, and we’re excited to make that happen.
(5) If you have questions about the playground project, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for all you do to make Lovett great!