About the Lovett Elementary PTO
The purpose of the Lovett Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to enrich the education of our children and foster a sense of community. We are committed to providing the means for our teachers to enhance the elementary school curriculum. We host a series of events throughout the school year that foster our sense of community. All members have full voting privileges at PTO meetings and are strongly encouraged to participate in any way they can.
Meetings are generally held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:45 am in the Multi Purpose Room (cafeteria). If you aren’t able to make the meeting, the Working Moms’ group usually meets later that evening at someone’s home.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
Hello Lovett parents and families! The PTO Board is very excited about the 2018-2019 school year. We plan to continue the hard work of previous Boards, while surpassing their many successes.
The Board seeks your help – through volunteering and/or financial support – to raise funds to assist the administration and teachers in their never-ending quest to enrich the lives of the students. Lovett cannot do what it does without you and your continued support! Please join the PTO; attend the monthly PTO meetings; and volunteer for school-related events– field trips, carnival, auction, etc.
The PTO is an important piece of the puzzle that makes Lovett such a wonderful school. The Board wants to hear your ideas, questions, suggestions, and comments. The Board is happy to listen and help in any way. All of our contact information is on the website, feel free to contact us.
We are looking forward to a great PTO year!
Why Should we join the pto?
A family membership of only $15 gives you the following benefits:
- Enriching your child's elementary experience
- Connecting with other awesome Lovett Parents
- Access to the online and app Student Directory and School Calendar
- Access to the online Faculty/Staff Directory and wishlists
- Enjoying preferred member pricing for PTO Sponsored events (like Carnival, Auction, Mother Son Dance)
- Making lots of great friends all while supporting your child's school!
HOW ARE PTO FUNDS USED?
- Teacher funds for use in the classroom (refunds approved by the school)
- Playground structures, shade, mulch and equipment
- Outdoor beautification and maintenance
- Field trips
- Technology needs for the classroom
- Other administration and teacher needs as they arise
- ...and so much more
Do I have to Volunteer if I join the PTO? Do I have to be a member to volunteer?
No and no. Be involved as much as you feel comfortable. We will reach out for volunteers whether you are a PTO member or not. There is no obligation or requirement to volunteer.
How do I get more involved?
Go to our Get Involved page to learn about opportunities to help the PTO or email your room parent or teacher.