Welcome to Lovett Elementary School
Start of the new school year questions:
Letters with teacher assignments are sent home the week before school begins. The school will not tell you your teacher assignment over the phone so keep an eye out for your letter. Once you get your teacher assignment, click HERE to update your teacher assignment for the student directory.
- If you preordered school supplies, they will be delivered to your classroom and you can go straight there.
- If you need to purchase your supplies, they will be available for to buy in the Multi Purpose Room (MPR) at a slightly higher price.
- The nurse will be available to accept any medicines needed during the school day and answer any health concerns.
- Sign up for bus transportation will be available.
- Sign up for extended day will be available (cash only and usually in the library).
- PTO Membership, Birthday Marquee, and all other purchases can only be made online.
Drop off and pick up are slow in the beginning. Allow plenty of time so you aren't rushed and be kind and courteous. See below for more on drop off and pick up so you can help it go smoothly.
- You will be sent home a LARGE packet of paperwork on the first day. Complete and return by the following Monday to help your teacher and the school stay on top of all of the paperwork.
- If you are interested in being a room parent or volunteering, speak up at Meet the Teacher. Room Parents are so important to our school and we have amazing guidance to help you through the whole thing. Team up for more fun!
- Beginning of the year fees. There are Classroom fees and PTO fees. Classroom fees are mandatory. PTO fees are optional but highly recommended. Help your room parent by getting your fees in ASAP.
- The first PTO meeting is usually the 1st or 2nd week of school! Come for coffee and treats and hear from our principal, administrators, and our PTO.
Questions about PTO:
Want to be involved but nervous about how time-consuming it will be or if you can do it with a little one on your hip?
Who at Lovett to talk to about:
Questions about the day-to-day happenings at Lovett:
- 7:20 am Main Entrance Opens
- 7:30 am First bell
- 7:35 am Warning bell
- 7:40 am Tardy bell
- 9:40 am Attendance taken
- 2:30 pm Latest time to check out a student before the end of the day
- 3:00 pm Dismissal*
- 5:00-5:25 pm Extended Day Pick-up
Check your teacher's webpage for a more specific daily schedule.
- Most importantly, please drive courteously and safely! Remember small children are walking around! Follow the law and rules of the school. Don't cut people off, and don't have any road rage. Drop off and pick up in the beginning of the year (and on rainy days) is slow. Be kind and understanding and allow enough time so you aren't feeling rushed.
- Driver should remain in the car.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE CARPOOL AREA EVEN FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- The Visitor Parking Lot should not be used as a carpool drop off or pick up. You may park and walk your child in if there is an open space.
- Please turn right into the carpool loops and do not turn left, crossing traffic to drop off as this causes traffic back ups and cuts in the carpool line.
- Please utilize crosswalks if walking your child to the door.
- Drop off begins at 7:20 am and is not permitted before that time as there is no supervision.
- Be sure to PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD to allow the people behind you to also drop off.
- Children should be prepared to exit the car on the passenger/curb side with backpacks, lunches, etc in hand. Drivers should not get out of the car to help children out.
- Pick up for Grades 2,3, 4 and 5 are on the Jason St loop in front. Pick up for Grades PK, K, and 1 are on the Birdwood Rd loop in back. Students will wait in the cafeteria until a teacher releases them to you when you arrive.
- CAR TAGS: Each family will be provided two car tags that have your child’s name, grade, and teacher. You must have this tag to pick up whether you are using the carpool line or walking up.
- If there is a change in your child’s pick up schedule, please notify your child’s teacher or the main office in writing.
- Please do not park in the bus pick-up area located on Jason St on the school side of the street.
- At 3:30, all students not picked up are brought inside the building to the front office. At this time you are required to park and come inside to sign your child out. Please do not park in the circle drive.
Click HERE to access PowerSchool.
STAAR Test Results are made available at http://texasassessment.com. You’ll need your child’s SS# and birthdate to get an access code to see results.
In accordance with Texas Education Code Section 25.092 (Attendance for Credit 90% Rule); A student at any grade level from kindergarten through grade 12 shall not be given credit or final grade for a class unless the student is in attendance 90 percent of the days in which the class is offered.